I just recently started eating eggplant. I tried eggplant parmesan and really liked it. So, I started looking eggplant recipes. Folks who say they don’t like eggplant and olives, love this recipe. Let me know what you think.
This is an Ina Garten recipe. I love her recipes.
- 1 Large eggplant (1-1/2 pounds)
- Good Olive oil
- 4 ounces jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup large green olives pitted and chopped, I used large pimento stuffed olives sliced.
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley. I used 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted pita triangles for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil
- Place whole eggplant on the pan, prick with a fork in several places and rub with olive oil. Roast for 45 to 50 minutes, until the eggplant is very soft when pierced with a knife. Set aside to cool
- Halve the eggplant, peel and discard the skin. Place the eggplant, peppers, and olive in the bowl of a food processor fitted with steel blade and pulse until coarsely chopped. Pour into mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add the onion and red pepper flakes and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until onion is lightly browned. Add the garlic, cook for 1 minute, and add to the eggplant mixture. Add the parsley, pine nuts. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the temperature with toasted pita triangles