I had a few tomatoes that were a little pass their prime. Not wanting to waste them away, I decided to make gazpacho. Because I love the smoke flavor of Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce I threw a couple in to the gazpacho. The gazpacho received two thumbs-up from my family. Let me know what you think.
I love making gazpacho during the summer. It makes a great lunch or topped with crab meat, chicken or shrimp and I have dinner.
- 3 Large tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, plus a teaspoon sauce
- 1 large cucumber seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 large green peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
- Red onion, a small wedge of a medium onion cut into chunks
- Apple cider vinegar - to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Pulse tomatoes, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce in blender
- Then add cucumber and pulse
- Then add green peppers and pulse
- Next add the red onion and pulse
- Splash in a little apple cider vinegar or not, I like the sweetness of apple cider vinegar and it goes well with the chipotle peppers, hit pulse
- Lastly, season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper