I started making my own granola because I found most on the market are too sweet for my taste. I can’t remember where I found this basic recipe. I adapted the recipe to my taste. I added a little cayenne pepper and lavender. Have fun with the recipe and add or subtract based on your tastebuds.
By the way, if your family is anything like mine, you will have a hard time keeping this granola recipe on the shelf.
Give the recipe a try, you won’t believe how easy it is to make granola.
- 5 tablespoons Coconut oil melted
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon French Lavender
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Chia seeds
- 1/2 cup flaxseed
- cup nuts, I use pumpkin seeds, walnuts chopped, almonds and pecans
- cup Quick oats
- 2 cups Unsweetned Coconut - use large flakes
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Preheat oven to 275F
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Place parchment paper in a large sheet pan. The pan should be large enough for one layer
- Pout mixture into pan and spread evenly. Bake until golden, turning pan every 15 minutes.